Friday, October 30, 2009

Peanut Butter and the Newsboys...

Whatever do these two things have in common you ask??? Well they just so happen to be two blessings from my day yesterday. The first blessing was the homemade peanut butter that I made in my Vitamix!! Yummy, yummy oh so yummy. My sweet friend Melissa had told me about doing this several weeks ago and I finally made some yesterday. So with that and my homemade peach jam we had some pretty tasty sandwiches...thanks Melissa!!! I know now I just need to make some homemade bread and it would be truly wonderful right??? Even the kids mentioned this, but I'm not there just quite yet...baby steps you know.

The second blessing was the absolute blast that our family had at the Newsboys concert last night. They are the first Christian band to actually come to our town so we were excited to not have to make yet another trek to the Valley! I have to say Michael Tait adds some spice to the band and it was fun to hear not only Newsboys songs but some DC Talk as well. We jammed out and went to bed very late, but what a nice release for all of us. I think we all needed just a little bit of fun. I know this girl did.

So two big blessings in one day...can't beat that right???

2 comments:

the dwellers said...

The world's best peanut butter... just one more reason to love the VitaMix! :)

And Newsboys? In our hometown?
I have oh so many memories of listening to Newsboys and DCTalk in college... good times!
So sad that I missed out on that concert, but praising God that the time of worship and fellowship blessed your hearts!

And thank you so much for our long talk today... it was salve for this soul!
Love you, melissa

Krystal said...

I've often looked at VitaMixes but haven't gotten it yet... Do you use it a lot? What do you use it for? I have a Bosch Universal with the blender that is a pretty powerful blender but not as good as the VitaMix of course.

It sounds like you had fun! I'm so glad!