Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ode to October

I have been pondering the last few days why it has been so hard for me to blog this month. I did so well last month and had so many ideas for posts and this month nothing!! I think that it has to do with my mood lately. I have been having some struggles spiritually and emotionally, I love being a girl sometimes and I think that it has caused me to not be able to think very clearly. Oh and the fact that as I was looking at my calendar today I think I was able to count 10 days during this month that we had some kind of appointment. Mostly doctors and dentists...ugh no wonder I'm a little fried.

The upside to all of this is that over the last week I have been feeling a little better. I think that sometimes you have to have a melt down in order to get out of the funk that you have been in. I think I may have had an official one at the beginning of last week and perhaps it helped a bit. Robert took all of last week off for a hunting adventure and although he didn't get an elk he did get some perspective on life and we had some really great discussions during the week. He listened while I melted and I listened while he shared his heart and together I think we have a better vision of things than we have had in a while.

The Lord is refining us I know that He is we are not sure what the end result will ultimately be but I know that whatever He is doing is for our learning and even when it is painful it is also productive. I have started back in to Bible study studying the book of Esther and I have been reading A.W. Tozer's book on the Holy Spirit which is challenging me and I think those are both positives. Funny how you can get so bogged down with life that you forget sometimes what is truly important and that is just dwelling with the Lord. As October draws to a close and the leaves are all but gone I realize that days have disappeared in rapid succession and I have been hard pressed to keep up. I pray that as November starts that I will be able to slow down a bit and just dwell with Him and listen to what He has for me each day.

2 comments:

the dwellers said...

Same month here... less blogging, way too busy schedule, major meltdowns, rethinking things.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better and that God has given you a fresh direction out of this time.

(but I still wish we could've met up somewhere!)

:) melissa

The Cooke Family said...

WoW Tiffany. It has been a long time since I've been to your blog. It took me 2 days t catch up, but I read all the blogs that I can see on this page. I was not aware of any of what was going on with Daniel. WOW again! I have to say i have been totally blessed by reading the past 2 days. I have been going through some spiritual journeys with the Lord myself and I felt so weepy reading through yours. I know you said in this latest post that you have been in a funk and not knowing God's purpose, but I want to tell you that from the outside looking in, it appears you definitely are fulfilling them right under your roof.I am truly encouraged by your walk. I just got off the phone with Dave and he asked what I was doing. I told him, and then we talked about how sad it was how our paths never crossed. : ( However, we do hope you vacation to the east coast once again, and we will be able to visit with your family, and meet your precious little ones. That would be so awesome! Much love to you!