Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Renovations

Well I finally was able to get a couple of photos to load on my blog!! I don't know what I did or why it worked but thank you Lord for making it work!! A few weeks ago we decided to go to Ikea to get some bookshelves for the living room. Robert heard my heart and helped me figure out a way to get a small library together until we can get our garage converted to a room which I hope to then have one whole wall devoted to shelves for all my books. But this is a wonderful fix for the moment. We were able to move all of the books out of the kid's rooms and bring them all to one place in the living room. We are all loving it so much. I was also able to leave a shelf open for my next Sonlight Core which will be arriving very soon for the fall. I love the fact that we use a curriculum that allows us to have such a wonderful library. But it is also very frusterating not to have the space to have them all out where the children can actually get to them!! So this is our solution for now, what a blessing.

While we were browsing Ikea we decided to look at some new dressers for the kid's rooms. They were within the budget so we ended up getting two for the girl's room and two for the boy's room. They were all in need of new ones that have a larger capacity than what we had. Funny how as kids grow so do their clothes :). The girls also decided that they wanted to split their bunk beds apart and so the next day we set about revamp the rooms. The result was just perfect. The girls are so thrilled with the way the room looks and the space that they have for their things. I'm thrilled because it looks more homey and not so junky. I will also say they have done a remarkable job keeping it clean and neat and it is such a nice place to be. The boys have two new dressers and their clothes actually fit in the drawers and the drawers even close now! Mom is a happy camper. Funny how small changes can change the whole mood of a house. We have become masters at working with small spaces!

I would love to share some more pics but these are the only two that would load for now. Hopefully I can get some of our other adventures to load in future posts!!

3 comments:

Joel and Nancy said...

Too cute! and it sounds so familiar. We went to IKEA recently as well, in fact on Saturday. We have also discussed adding another bookshelf and putting the books in some kind of order, like a real library.

Thank you for your encouragement and I hope to talk with you soon.

Nancy

the dwellers said...

Alt ser skon!

In honor of your new Ikea finds, I thought I'd tell you "It all looks beautiful"...in Swedish :)

I'm always amazed that changing just a couple of things can spruce up an entire home! I can't wait to see your new decorating in person. :)

I so enjoyed our talk yesterday...thanks friend!

Krystal said...

I love IKEA! A couple years ago we were able to purchase our big table (extends to 108") for a great price instead of spending $1000s on one.

3 of our girls have Sun Bonnet Sue quilts too! Their great grandmother made them. She is working one for Leah still but its not done yet.

Can't wait to see you in a couple more weeks!