Thursday, February 7, 2008

Welcome to the World of Blogging

Who would have thought that I would ever finally get a blog started. My sweet friend Christina has been encouraging me to start a blog for months and I finally got around to it today. I have recently started reading different blogs having to do with Christian Womanhood and have come across some facinating and heartfelt sites. I don't know that I will ever have anything very thought provoking to share but for the few people who will probably read this perhaps I can share a bit of my heart and how God is helping me through this journey as I wait for His return.


I am a mother of five blessings which I guess means that I probably have a few stories to tell. Four of my five blessings are from Russia and they have enriched as well as challenged me in more ways than I can express. My dear husband and I were on a path towards being missionaries with FamilyLife last year and what God taught us through that experience is that we are indeed already missionaries to these five children. He has given us a unique family and what He reminded us is that we can be just as useful to Him by being the very best mom and dad we can be and hopefully bring many generations into the Kingdom for His glory. We are spending this new year focusing on them and how we can best disciple them. Perhaps someday He will call us to another mission field but for now we are content to reside in Arizona and raise them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

So I guess that will be it for my first blog entry...what do you think Christina?

2 comments:

The Cooke Family said...

YEAH! You did it! What a great job! I can't wait to read more entries. I will respond to your e-mail but wanted to say THANK THE LORD YOU ARE ALL ALIVE! You are a precious family and know God has GREAT things in store for you all!

Much love & Prayers my sweet friend!!!

p.s. you need to add a picture of your sweet family. : ) I look at it on my fridge everyday. It amazes me how you all look alike. They all look like they came from you! God is so good!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading your blog & keeping in touch!

- Krystal