Monday, August 31, 2009

A Change of Direction

I desire to blog!! I cannot tell you the number of blog posts and blog ideas that I have hidden in my head. I think of things all the time that I would like to write or post photos about but for the last several months I have been unable to post pictures with any great success here on this blog. This has caused me to not blog or be frustrated with blogging in general. I even started another blog on another site only to be disappointed when I tried to post photos on that blog with no success either. And so my dilemma has been do I give this up all together or do I just not even try to post pictures anymore. Since every single time I do I get frustrated and sad that I can't post what I desire and then I quit. I think I have come to the conclusion that I will just have to have a photo-less blog for now. I still feel like I have some things to share and even if no one but a very few of my closest friends read this and comment (you know who you are) I feel that it is somewhat therapeutic to record some of my thoughts as well as some of the everyday blessings that occur in our family. So I am starting anew in a sense. I'm changing the title of this blog to Everyday Blessings and I am going to do my best to post more often. Even if it is just a few words about my day or the blessings that the Lord has brought to me in my quiet time or something small my children have done or said that blesses my heart. I am not going to worry about photos although I do have many I would love to share but perhaps I'll find another format in which to do that.

My blessing for this day was the bit of time that I spent this evening with my daughter Emma. Robert and I have been making an effort to meet with our three older children each week for some more focused discipleship. Emma has amazed me with her thirst for this time and the effort that she has put into the assignments that I have given her. This past week she has been working on looking up references for different wives in the Bible. We have been doing the Polished Cornerstones book from Doorposts. She looked up each of the wives some very good and some not so good ie: Abigail vs. Jezebel and wrote on a chart what things she gleaned from her readings and what the consequences of their actions righteous or not were. What a blessing for me to see her responses. Some very simple and some cute in their wording. I realized how blessed I am to have a daughter that thirsts after righteousness and is so focused on becoming the woman that God desires for her to be. We are also reading Beautiful Girlhood together and tonight's reading was on character. What a good reminder to me about my awesome responsibility of being an example to this ever growing young lady. I know that I have many flaws but it gives me a greater incentive to watch my tongue and try to teach she and the rest of my children what it means to be a Godly wife and mother. I'm thankful for this path that the Lord has me on and the gentle reminders that He so often gives me through my growing children.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

So nice to read your post -- I keep meaning to spend that kind of time with Sabrina but I always seem to put it off.

We missed you on Sunday (particularly Sabrina) -- hope everything is fine.

the dwellers said...

You know that I would read your blog...

In a box
With a fox
In a house
With a mouse
Here or there
Or anywhere...
Photos throughout
Or totally without!

Just so thankful for this fun way to keep in touch and share the little details of life.
Love you friend!