Monday, January 19, 2009

Eleven Already!!

There are times that I can still hardly believe that I have an eleven year old son...not to mention a 12 year old son!!! When you get them already half grown it seems like time passes all the more quickly and you have to be careful to catch the moments quick because you blink and three years have passed. I am posting these photos of Mr. Peter's birthday several weeks late but I wanted to share some of the fun we had during his party. Having your birthday on December 28th has its challenges. Especially when you are the mom :) but we did our best this year to let Peter know he is loved and such a special part of our family. Peter is my little imp, we knew from the moment we saw his photo that this would be his personality. He is so very creative, loves anything to do with the military, can build just about anything and is a budding artist. He keeps me on my toes everyday but his smile makes my heart melt. His theme this year was Army stuff and between Christmas and his birthday he managed to get just about everything a boy could want or need to "do battle" including a real Army phone, a full camo outfit, army shovel and ruck sack. He loves to suit up in all of it and head to the back yard to dig trenches and battle with his brothers. Here are some of the photos from his party at the Hampton Inn. We had fun having "camo" cake and then heading to the indoor pool for fun swimming with friends.


The Whole Gang after swimming...they all slept well
I think this picture says it all!


Mr. Peter with his camo cake!

My Little Imp!!
P.S. When I first posted this the photos didn't load right and this time they are not in the right order, but I'm choosing to just leave them and move on :)

2 comments:

The Cooke Family said...

I am disappointed that the pictures didn't come through on my computer but am so excited to hear your story. My oldest turns 14 today! Love hearing your sweet family stories! Love & Prayers my friend!

the dwellers said...

Loved the party, love the photos, and we love that boy of yours.

Peter is super special and it will be fun to see what the future holds for him. Adventure and creativity for sure! :)