Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer Blessings

Since I have still had such a hard time keeping up on this blog I will condense this post of what has been going on the last month and a half with some blessings from our days that I'm thankful for.

1. The giggles and smiles from summer swim lessons where my children are learning to not be afraid of the water and are truly becoming swimmers.

2. Fun summer movies with friends from church. Yummy lunches afterwards too!!

3. Finishing a wonderful Bible Study (finally...we made it girls!) and sharing fellowship with sisters in Christ who always hold me accountable.

4. An amazing visit from certain sweet friends from Virginia...sharing laughter and tears and the joys and trials of motherhood together.

5. Birthday celebrations for Miss A and me and God's blessing us with another year. Fun dinners and desserts to celebrate were an added bonus.

6. A wonderful camping trip with family to celebrate our nation's birthday. Exploring and just playing with the kiddos around the camp ground.

7. Learning to knit with sweet Miss E and fun fellowship with friends while doing so.

8. Celebrating my mother's retirement after 20+ years with the University of Arizona. Hearing the relief in her voice and the anticipation of new adventures for her on the horizon.

9. Celebrating 13 wonderful years of marriage to my soul mate.

10. Sweet fellowship with old friends and new friends at the homeschool conference. Feeling encouraged to start a brand new school year knowing that I'm doing what is best for my children's education!


As you can see it has been a busy month at the Upton house and we have much to be thankful for. One additional blessing is that Robert has been diligently working on the new garage and in what little time he has had, has managed to complete the slab and get a good start on the brick. He is such a blessing in himself and has been very patient with all our travels this summer and interruptions of his project. I pray that as your summers wind down you will take the time to remember your summer blessings!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Miss S learned to knit this year too!! Too funny! Another thing for her & Miss E to have in common. 8)

the dwellers said...

So fun to read your month-at-a-glance! You have had a busy time but it looks full of memories too!
So glad that your "certain friends from Virginia" made the list :)

Love ya!

The Cooke Family said...

Hello my friend. I love getting updated on your blog. I think of you often (and often get sad that we will not live in the same place) : ( But it is evident that you ave an awesome ministry right where you are. What a blessing your children have in their parents, and I pray that someday they will look back and be grateful for God's sovereign plan for them!

Love you much!